Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so
you receive the best possible service.
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the
vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not
ignore any warning
signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms
can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific
course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it
constant or periodic?
Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
Does it happen at
all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
How to manage your service experience:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke,
warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine
mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in
steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully
understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if
rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course
action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you
policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of
sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be
reached as soon
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Maxi Auto Service in Chattanooga
Maxi Auto Service Towing Services